How Advantage II Works
Use Advantage II monthly to kill fleas on your dog. One of its active ingredients, imidacloprid, acts on the nervous system of the flea to cause paralysis and subsequent death. The other active ingredient of Advantage II is pyriproxyfen, an insect growth regulator (IGR) that, in combination with imidacloprid, kills all flea life stages on the treated dog and its surroundings, and prevents fleas from infesting your home.
Protecting your dog from fleas is important.
Part of keeping your dog healthy means year-round flea protection. That is because flea bites can:
- Cause discomfort for your dog;
- In some cases, cause an allergic skin reaction;
- Cause irritation, which may lead to skin infections;
- Transmit other disease-causing organisms, including tapeworms;
Advantage II kills all flea life stages following contact with an Advantage II treated pet and prevents fleas on a treated dog from infesting the home.
- Kills fleas through contact, so fleas don't need to bite to die;
- Kills fleas within 12 hours of initial application;
- Kills reinfesting fleas (e.g. newly hatched fleas jumping back on the dog) within 2 hours;
- Kills lice on dogs;
- Is waterproof;
Millions of pet owners have used effective Advantage Topical Solution to control flea infestation on their dogs. Now its successor, Advantage II, works through contact, killing fleas at all life stages and preventing fleas on a treated dog from infesting your home.