The newly refined Fluval 06 series of aquarium canister filters features a new, more powerful motor and adds extra conveniences to the powerful and flexible Fluval filtration line.
Each Fluval Multi-Stage 06 Series Filter adds even more user-friendly features with a re-engineered, efficient priming system to ensure aquarium filtration is even easier to set-up, customize and maintain.
Easy to Start
A completely re-engineered priming mechanism makes the Fluval '06 child's play to get started. Just a few pumps of the new, strengthened priming handle and you're off and running.
15% More Power
The new filters are more powerful than their predecessors without increasing power usage, thanks to some clever mechanical changes which allow the filter to work more efficiently. Each model now moves up to 15% more water than its predecessor for better circulation and cleaner, healthier water.
Silence is golden
The Fluval has always been a quiet filter, but now it's practically silent thanks to a completely re-engineered impeller and impeller cover. At the contact points between the impeller and cover sit tiny ceramic rings which are virtually friction free, reducing vibration and noise to a bare minimum for almost silent running.
Easy To Maintain
The patented Aqua-Stop system effortlessly stops water flow with no mess or leaks and the new, strengthened lift-lock handles allow easy access inside the filter. Quick-change mechanical foam media is easy to remove and the new Bio Foam media supplied (206, 306 and 406 models only) creates additional space for beneficial bacteria to breed.
- New Advanced Motor Technology resulting in improved performance, quiet operation and easier start-up
- Patented AquaStop Valve, multiple filtration baskets, and rim connector assemblies
- Four distinct sizes - each with increasing flow rates and filter capacities
- Single motion lift lock clamps
- Clog proof intake strainer
- Dual layer foam screen
- Backed by a 3-year warrantee
- Offers Multi-Stage filtration for healthy, fresh & saltwater aquariums
- Easy maintenance with newly redesigned AquaStop system
- Each filter holds 35-50% more volume than round canisters of similar size
- Increased Hydraulic performance for less frequent maintenance
- Increased water filtration performance for cleaner water
- Sound dampening impeller design for a quieter operation
- Redesigned impeller cover is less prone to breakage
- Strengthened Lift-lock clamps for a more secure closure
MEDIA REPLACEMENT GUIDE FOR FLUVAL CANISTER FILTERS
(Click on links below)
Media Rinse Replace Fluval 206 (A207) Fluval 306 (A212) Fluval 406 (A217) Fluval FX5 (A218) Fresh water Marine What it does Ammonia Remover Monthly A1480 A1480 A1480 A1480 x Removes Ammonia (toxic) Bio-Foam 3 Months 6 Months A236 A237 A237 - x x Traps heavy particles, hosts beneficial bacteria, enhances bio. Filtration Biomax 3mo. Only 1/2 A1456 A1456 A1456 A1456 x x Hosts large colonies of beneficial bacteria, reduces ammonia & nitrite Carbon Monthly A1440 A1440 A1440 A1440 x x Removes odors and improves water clarity Clearmax 3 Months A1348 A1348 A1348 A1348 x x Traps odor causing phospate, nitrite, & nitrate resulting in clear water Foam Block/Insert Monthly Bi-Monthly A222 A222 A226 A228 x x Captures large particles and debris, enhances biological filtration Peat Granules PH & KH lvls D A1465 A1465 A1465 A1465 x Naturally lowers water hardness and pH Polishing Pad 7-10 Days A242 A244 A244 A246 x x Removes fine particles to maintain water clarity Polishing Pad Fine 4 Weeks - - - A248 x x Removes fine particles to maintain water clarity Pre-Filter Occasional Permanent A1470 A1470 A1470 A1470 x x Traps heavy particles to prevent clogging of other media Zeo-Carb Monthly A1490 A1490 A1490 A1490 x Carbon (removes odors, discoloration) plus ammonia remover