This super capacity yet compact canister filter processes and circulates 2130 litres (563 US gallons) of water every hour and has an astounding media capacity that produces cleaner and healthier results.
Filtering material can easily be placed in a removable stack of media baskets which is at the heart of Fluval's multistage filtration. The baskets are precision-engineered to eliminate water by-pass, making filtration more efficient.
The baskets can hold a total of 5.9 litres of media and can be stacked in the precise combination of layers that will work best for your aquarium. Each one is lined with a foam insert for effective mechanical pre-filtering. Instant-release T-handles let you lift and separate the baskets quickly and easily, making routine maintenance simpler.
Fluval FX6 also features Smart Pump Technology, which provides optimal filter performance. This advanced technological feature employs an electronic circuit board that continually monitors the pump. Impeller speed and force are constantly measured to ensure powerful output and energy efficiency. It also manages the filter's self-starting feature and evacuates air that may enter or build up within the filtration system. On a 12-hour cycle, the pump will pause and allow trapped air to escape, ensuring the best filtration efficiency at all times.
Only 54 cm (21") in height, Fluval FX6 fits under most aquariums.
Features & Benefits:
Value Pack includes the following additional media that will last approximately 12 months:
- FX6 High Performance Canister Filter
- Carbon 100 gram 3/pk nylon bags Filter Media by Hagen QTY 4
- Ammonia Remover 3x 180 gram 3pk Filter Media by Hagen QTY 4
- Zeo-Carb 3x 150 gram 3pk nylon bags Filter Media by Hagen QTY 4
- Multi-Stage Filtration produces healthy aquarium water
- For fresh and saltwater aquariums
- Features Smart Pump Technology for optimal filter performance, efficiency and management
- Advanced motor technology provides better performance and reliability while consuming 10% less electricity
- Click-Fit AquaStop Valves allow fast setup and leak-proof maintenance
- Valves are positioned at 45 degree angles and rotate for easy installation
- Self-starting filter-just add water and plug in-Smart Pump Technology will do the rest
- Monthly maintenance indicator allows you to remember the date of your last filter maintenance/water change
- Heavy-duty Anti-Clog Telescopic Strainer ensures continuous flow
- Multi-Directional Output Nozzles can be adjusted to create specific water flows
- Purge Valve with Drain Hose for easy maintenance and flushing of the canister
- Water change feature eliminates need to carry buckets of water-simply attach appropriate hose to the output-Smart Pump Technology will do the rest (Kit sold separately)
- Flow rate: 2130 litres (563 US gallons) per hour
- For aquariums up to 1500 litres (400 US gallons)