As dog owners, we'd all love to know exactly what is going into our furry friends favorite treats. It can seem complicated and overwhelming, but it doesn't need to be. In fact, with only 3 simple, familiar ingredients, Yak Cheese just might be the healthy dog treat shortcut we're all searching for.
These additive-free, traditionally prepared chews sourced from Nepal, are a long-lasting, protein packed delicacy that offer a variety of benefits to your dog’s overall health. In this article we will go over the ins and outs of yak cheese chews to help aid you in deciding if they are the right treat for your dog!
Yak Cheese Chews at a Glance
- Sourced from Nepal, these chews are made using only 3 ingredients - Yak milk, salt, and lime.
- Sometimes also called “Chhurpi”, yak cheese comes in a variety of sizes
- Yak cheese can offer various health benefits like mental stimulation, satisfying their natural desire to chew, and helping with your dog’s dental hygiene.
What are Yak Cheese Chews for Dogs?
These treats are literally as simple as they sound - cheese from the milk of yaks! Nestled in the heart of the Himalayas, Nepal has been the traditional source of yak cheese for centuries. Made using 3 simple ingredients - Yak milk, salt and lime - these chews offer a durable protein packed experience that will keep your dog occupied for a long time.
Most commonly referred to as yak cheese, these chews can also go by the names of chhurpi, Himalayan yak cheese, and even Himalayan dog chews! These chhurpi sticks are free from dyes and additives and naturally contain no gluten, grain, or chemical preservatives. On top of that, the drying process for these will remove most of the lactose, so your pup can chew chew chew with less worries for you!
Unlike many natural chews, yak cheese has a pleasantly mild and smoky aroma that you and your dog can both appreciate. And to mix things up a bit, this treat has a hidden feature that can help reduce waste! When a small portion of the chew is remaining, it can be put into the microwave for 30-45 seconds (time may vary depending on microwave wattage) to get a whole new treat experience. Give the treat ample time to cool and you will be left with a "puffed up" crunchy, extra-smoky bite that your dog will flip for.
Are Yak Cheese Bars the Right Chew for Your Dog?
With such simple ingredients in this protein packed treat, it is easy to see why so many dogs love these yak cheese chews. But did you know that there are other health benefits to this long lasting chew as well?
With durability, comes chewing! The rough texture of these chews will act as a toothbrush, gently removing plaque and tartar buildup on your pups teeth while also stimulating their gums as they chew.
Long lasting treats and chews such as yak cheese are great at keeping your dog occupied with the task at hand. It has been proven that such treats can help aid in reducing stress and even lessen the strains of their separation anxiety! But always be sure to monitor your dog with even the simplest of treats!
Ensure Your Dog Is Safely Getting the Most Out of Their Yak Cheese Chews
Possible Yak Cheese Chew Alternatives
- Collagen Chews For Dogs - Natural collagen sticks are a single ingredient rawhide alternative rich in peptides that aid in hip and joint health as well as skin and coat!
- Bully Sticks - Bully sticks are a single-ingredient, easily-digestible chew treat made from pure beef or buffalo pizzle. This long-lasting rawhide alternative is also highly effective at combating tartar and plaque buildup, which will help reduce the bacteria in your dog’s mouth!
- Natural Ear Chews for Dogs - This natural chew offers an array of options which may be suitable for all sorts of different dogs, making it easy to find the right ear chew for your pup. This healthy rawhide alternative can offer various health benefits like mental stimulation, satisfying their natural desire to chew, and helping with your dog’s dental hygiene
- Rawhide Chews - If rawhide is more down your pup’s alley, you may be pleased to see how many different flavors, shapes, and sizes are available! From rawhide braids to rolls and chips, USA Wholegrain Beef treats offer a high protein and easily digestible experience for your dog.
Will Yak Chews Be Your Dog’s New Favorite Treat?
With all of the treats that are currently available for purchase, more and more people are on the lookout for simpler ingredients. Always be sure to research any questions or concerns you may have when introducing your pet to any new treat or chew. We hope this article will help answer some of those concerns you may have about whether or not yak cheese chews are the correct new treat for your dog!